oh lovelies

Thursday, March 03, 2005

what will I do next?

I wonder if I should move to London. I say London because now I'm really attracted to someone I met from there. I love some people I met from there. There are many problems and some may say I'm running away, but I don't like American culture. I never watch TV, I don't listen to rap or hip hop, the one thing I like are some of the movies. But.....more and more it seems like "success" here, I don't want to sound bitter, but it does seem like it's all about who you know and who you sleep with. I don't want to say this, but it's not a secret. And there are people (sure, maybe they're everywhere, but I'm talking about what I see in front of me) who are not above having sex with someone for a promotion. They're not above doing anything. Some of them would kill their families. So, if I'm not willing to fuck someone for a job there will be someone else who is. Sexual harassment? Uh, yeah. It's illegal, and steps have been taken. And there are women who are fucked up, too. It's not just the men. But just about every woman I talk to reveals that she has been sexually harassed on the job. I was, too, years ago. ONe guy said he was too.....by another guy. Unfortunately, there are some women who would SH on the job if they had the power to. But the reality of the world we're in has men in most positions of power. Women who get promoted are the ones who throw down the ladder for any other woman.

These are not nice things. I wish I had something else to say. There are people who blame.....well, I've heard many arguments. Maybe there is some truth about power, and some have it while some don't. But there's so much that's out of our control. What is in our control, though? I don't want to fall into self-destructive behavior. But it's not as simple as THESE people are responsible for the world's evil. But then, what is?

No comments: