oh lovelies

Sunday, March 06, 2005

I was raised very religious

in spite of the divorces, church was consistent. We went every sunday. Naturally after learning so much about Jerusalem I would want to see it. My mother taught Sunday school. Like clockwork, we'd go in the cold on Sunday morning, in the Midwestern winters where the wind would cut through my skin, my legs and hands. After church we (my mother, her then husband, my three step siblings) would go somewhere divy for lunch. THat was when Mother was going through her own mother dying, pure hell, plus this marriage wasn't working at all. In front of the nuns she called her husband a son of a bitch.

After learning so much about Jerusalem I told myself I'd have to see it, but that wouldn't happen for decades. I saw such a small part of it, but that was something. The Old City is quite a place, and it must be haunted. I hope to see more, at some time.

I'm faced with the choice or work or travel or perform. Like I can only do one, but somehow I have to do all three. How can I make this happen?

No comments: