oh lovelies

Sunday, April 19, 2015

On Travis

I just read a letter he allegedly wrote about …..eh. Some stuff he did that was less than stellar. He's admitting his guilt. Not excusing what he did but you know personally I'm sorry for what happened to him people like him are usually victims of abuse and desperately need help. I don't think he deserved to die. 

The whole catch-22 of this trial is …..the maneuvering of the system trial after trial, appeal after appeal…..who are we to criticize another country's fucked up legal system when, look at ours. Honestly, I don't like to say this, I'm not a lawyer but from what I've read and do know so much of this trial WAS ILLEGAL to begin with so how do you appeal point by point…..what went wrong about this case happened largely off the books. Jury tampering is a crime. Evidence tampering and withholding too. Juan Martinez stepped out of line by abusing and threatening the defendant and any witnesses for her. Even if the girl was guilty as Cain, even if she DID premeditate and kill in cold blood, and I believe in my heart of hearts she did not, but even if she did…..she was under mental duress (temporary insanity) and prior to this had no record of violence. I don't believe she did it. She is not a danger to anyone, any more. She has done her time. If it were up to me I'd let her out and that would be that; sadly, it's not up to me. 

No comments: