oh lovelies

Monday, November 28, 2011

Go Gos

Hum sounds a little like....ga ga.....where am I going with this? It's late, I've been not feeling well, my head and nose stuffed....mind going many directions.

I was listening to some go gos and their less popular stuff is much darker than what got played on the radio. I read somewhere that Belinda Carlisle had read Anton LaVey's writings and performed rituals from the Church of Satan. Again, this is open to many interpretations. Likely these artists are no more.....you can say this about any number of 14 year old death metal kids. Anton LaVey had said he was an atheist and their rituals were for show or psychological.....and were very rough, shoddy. Still, in the Jayne Mansfield story well what happened happened. Whether this is tied to the Manson killings, again, speculation. I read Susan Atkins' account of what happened and she blew the lid off much of the mystery surrounding them. Cults yes.....she had said it's .....easier to "brainwash" young, lost confused kids in California because you can more easily isolate them......not leave them other options, other opinions. In NYC, you can run across the street and there'll be someone to contradict what you're being told. Then, there was no Internet. There was no one, no where to run. No one to tell you what you were hearing was wrong. I myself was saved by friends who warned me about certain groups that had targeted me. I didn't, however, stay far enough away. I didn't ......know then what I now know....not enough. No one did.

No comments: