oh lovelies

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

spring and cheering

I was going over some of the radical cheers I do and was filled with this sense of ......maybe it sounds cheesy, but I felt like, yeah! This is what I'm meant to do: perform. I was going over my monologues and I realize I was born to perform (kind of an awkward phrase, but true) and I'll be with the radical cheerleaders and hollaback nyc I think and I'm....I just know this is so right, somehow.

but also I'm thinking of what I read about the British Suffragettes.....and how they'd throw rocks through windows that had "Votes for Women" written on them. Even though they were a little nutty I admire that kind of spirit in someone, in a movement. A guy friend I told that to said, "Well, when people really believe in a cause they need to express it." Under the current system, they'd be considered terrorists and in their day they were locked up and force fed.

No comments: