oh lovelies

Saturday, April 29, 2006

cheering and protests

Today there was another anti war march and I was with the radical cheerleaders. Hours of jumping, stomping and screaming: cheering just never gets boring, but I am exhausted. My tongue feels on fire, I'm endlessly thirsty, my legs ache......but all in a good way.

But these left movements really need a jump start. It's like morale was drained when Bush won a second term: but even if Kerry had won the battle is far from over. There's a line in the film I Was a Teenage Feminist: one of the women says, you have to always defend your freedom or it slips away; it just does. I'm glad it got warm because I went to an even worse protest a year ago when it was chilly out: so it was sunny, great, but these activists need to realize in order to get people to listen to you sometimes you do need to be colorful. You need to protest creatively, or else it's just strident. I know, I'm harsh, but there you are.


Now, my task is making some money. I'm poor and freaking out. I made all this money then spent it. Where did all my money go, my beautiful money? Anybody have some?

No comments: