oh lovelies

Friday, April 28, 2006

movies, movies

I rented a bunch this week and the ones that stand out for me are, again, Choses Secretes or Secret Things in English. G pronounces it like "cho checret" and says, "Laura's favorite movie." Also, "La Ceremonie." I'm obsessed with French film....what exactly is it?

So everyone has these sort of goals or things they want to accomplish in the next year, although I wish I could do it all tomorrow. For me, here's my list:

read more philosophy, like Sartre, Heidegger; possibly enroll in school again.

get the interpretations for my Magi software

get my production up there, but of course all at a favorable time

improve my cheering

better cheer costumes

learn to speak fluent French and German but of course that means living in France or Germany.


Send out all my marketing acting stuff on time and do it right, stop "forgetting" or "not having time."

Naturally, improve acting

Get into SAG, or course and really get this going: I'm guilty, slap me, of being lazy and procrastinating with my acting career.

go and live abroad: places of choice: Alexandria, Egypt; LA; Cape Town; New York (though I'm already here); Berlin (maybe not the MOST exciting city but I love the German language and I'm so rusty now); Paris (I know it's not for everyone and there are problems but I fall in love when I'm there: I love Notre Dame, Austerlitz and the Left Bank in general.....and the Metro....I mean I really dig their train stations. OK: this is what's cool: when the train goes underground to Iles de la Cite, where Notre Dame is, it actually echoes. Before it was a church that island was some kind of sacred pagan spot, but anyway I'm digressing. Plus Montemarte I love it there, too); and Miami or some place warm; and finally Colombia (it has a bad reputation but I know people living there). For now, that about sums it up. Oh, also, the Indian sites in Mexico and Peru.

No comments: