oh lovelies

Friday, March 23, 2012

impressionisms

when I think of this, I think of this cheesy ass song by Simon in Garfunkle.....but it is still meaningful to me. I suppose meaningful can be cheesy. The French understand this, slices of life or of film that takes pictures of life. Summer brings this to me. Maybe it's subtext, or....? Something like that. Claude Chabrol uses dinner scenes in so many of his films....which is such genius, how so much is said with something so simple. A family eating dinner, yet so much goes into this simple everyday thing. The kind of cups, plates, table cloth, the shoes they wear, the room they eat in.....one of my favorite films of his is La Ceremonie.

Anyway.
Little things of summer I love and are so beautiful....there's that along with......everything else. In Central Park the flowers are on the trees pure white, against the background of the Met, and I love the Met too. Looks like the pictures in my Tarot deck. The little yellow flowers that look like boobs, not sure what they're called. The leaves are out. Tulips. It's all so gorgeous and winter is so dark and bleak.....then the flowers come out, Easter .....or .....? Rite of spring whatever you want to call it.....it's the colorful light in the dark. The smell of clothes, linens that have dried naturally outside.....something about that....? you can tell the difference. When I was a kid in Evanston my family had barbecues in this small park by the lake. I was remembering this today. Right at the beginning of summer, just as school was ending.

No comments: