oh lovelies

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

people have asked me

if it's possible to be in love with two people at once. It had never happened to me, then it did. It's possible to love many people at once, or to love one person in a way that's forever, that you change your own life and destiny, really, for them. And it's genuine. THat's happened to me a few times.

But I'm also realizing love isn't enough. Ashley said that in Gone with the Wind. It's not enough if someone isn't there for you when you need them or even once in a blue moon.....then they show up one day out of thin air and expect you to throw yourself at them and be grandly grateful that they're there; when in fact, you're thinking, where the fuck were you when I needed you? So....in a way love and loyalty and respect all have to be earned.....you'll get what you give. If someone isn't giving it to you, maybe ask yourself what you're giving them. Not that it is always your fault you're not getting what you need, not what I mean. But it reciprocates.

No comments: