oh lovelies

Thursday, April 28, 2005

my life......what's next?

So many changes have happened to me in the past year. I left my job of four years which at the time I was desperate to get out of, then traveled to the Middle East and met people from all over the world....saw how completely differently people live elsewhere. I took a great deal of time for myself which I needed, went on long bike rides, went to the park.....all these things I could not do when I was working every day. Oh, and I slept. I never slept enough when I had that job.

but....back to reality now. I was naive about so many things. People I know are leaving their jobs and I wish them well....but if I'd known then what I know now I'd have done many things differently. I traveled but not as much as I'd wanted to, and now I have to get back to it..... Plus I had no idea of what I'd be dealing with, as well. I want so much to leave this country because I know I don't belong here.....but for now I have to stay. My friend told me about something I can do in Berlin. If it works out, I will take the job, but that also means leaving life as I know it. Berlin is a nice city to live in, though: it's safe, fairly nice, not too expensive, and most of the people are cool. Plus, it's closer to the other places I want to go to. But change is hard. And regardless I'll still have to work, and a lot. But if I have kids I want to raise them in Europe.

1 comment:

b. said...

i hear berlin has an awesome music scene...you should definitely look into it :)