oh lovelies

Friday, April 22, 2005

3 interviews tomorrow and......well, a lot

is going on. I threw all my banana peels for the past few months into my back yard, figuring they're compost. They've dried up since, and today I made a pile of them, plus flowers I threw out there, and burned em. I was told plants live off carbon, so the ashes are fertilizer. One flower started growing in my back yard, and to the side what looks like, I don't know, daisies maybe? Me not a gardener, but look at me, I'm doing it.

I still can't figure out how to past pix on this thing.

my travel article was published. Whe hew! I've been so flaky, got to stop it. I just feel like I do so much but no matter what it's never enough. But it's 9:30 and I have a long ass day tomorrow, so as soon as I print my resume I'm fini.

Saw a disturbing sight tonight. I was getting a candle from the bodega across the street and the guy who works there, an older Yemenese who always tells me I'm beautiful (ooo) had a black eye. There were three kittens in there which weren't there before. I've read stories about trafficking and gangs, not just prostitutes (although a great deal of them are) but workers, too. I don't know where he got the black eye.....this neighborhood, believe it or not, is mostly safe. There is the occasional catcall but most of the people are harmless. Some of the females, actually, are the aggressive ones, well, sorry but it's true. anyhow my computer is annoyingly slow and I don't know why, right now. I'm dependent on my machine.....ok I restarted the comp....oh I don't know ....g is always making fun of me saying that.....



But I'm sooooooo wanting to return.....but like I said I am sure everywhere I go I'll meet gorgeous and great people....but I miss London so much.....and I was desperate to go when I went there for the summer a few years ago.......even though the experiences I had were not all good.....and it's violent there, really much more dangerous than NYC.....but.....it's just something. It's not just the music....tho...I just feel this really mad, constant pressing ....... I know, I'm fucked up! Like there have been times when I was sitting on the train and one of them was sitting across from me and I could tell they thought I was cute or whatever....and I so wanted to say something, do something.....but....then we went our separate ways. I just feel this intense attraction to I guess.....the culture there or something. Even trance music, that comes mostly out of the UK I think, and Germany. There are others, I know......

on another note, my friend from Berlin just emailed me and told me of some job prospects there. He really wants me there....awww!! Possibly as a tour guide. He'll be coming to NYC in July...hopefully I'll be here, cuz he's really fun to be with.....anyhow I must me coucher as I have a very long day ahead tomorrow


and I figured out how to post pix.....finally

2 comments:

b. said...

good luck with your interviews! and no, i'm not a stalker...for whatever odd reason, i like reading about people who live in my favourite city...i'd move there, but i have a sweet gig in fl.

anyway, good luck!

Laura in NYC said...

thanks so much b....no you seem OK, although, nothing personal but I don't know you.

so what do you do in fla and who are you auditioning?