oh lovelies

Sunday, April 03, 2005

the current state of the us

I sympathize and understand these people who openly bash bush. I am not a fan, obviously. But whether or not he, or Reagan, won the election? Are they really acting on their own interests or is it that they are under pressure from big business and billionaires in the US and worldwide? If Bush were assassinated tomorrow, would there be someone to replace him, just as bad? Many people who bash bush are hardly a living example of altruistic living. Remember that Clinton was under scrutiny for having allegedly harassed several women and possibly assaulted more. I speak from the point of view of a middle class, midwestern girl, but I know that several people in power have miraculously influenced countless girls and women, not to mention people in general, to believe, vote and act against their own self interests. My guess is Bush is a continuation of Reagan's legacy and I am pretty shocked at how so much of the darkness and general wrongness of Reagan's domestic and foreign policy is glossed over. That era is said to be a conservative one, when in fact countless people in the US opposed Reagan and protested.

No comments: