oh lovelies

Thursday, May 25, 2006

vegetarianism?

It's fairly easy to give up meat in this town except for late at night when there's nothing open except bodegas and diners. Usually I settle for a cheese sandwich but that isn't healthy besides it's fattening. If you're lucky they'll have pea soup but usually not. When I was in Florida I ended up eating meat because it was just too difficult otherwise, because the only place open after 10PM was this Spanish bodega but they did have lots of wine, thank Heaven...... and in Indianapolis I think this menu I looked at did not have one meatless dish. I've been craving meat lately, though I try to avoid it. I love Greek food which is very meaty, but I ended up getting a falafel plate. Still, I love their fried bread and yogurt/cucumber sauce. I've been going to Curry in a Hurry every day and they all know me in there: and I get the same thing every time so they automatically give it to me now. Yesterday a bunch of them came up to me and said, "You know, you look like Chelsea." There's a picture of Bill Clinton on their wall and he allegedly went to eat at this place.

But anyway, it's becoming a struggle to avoid meat because I am somone who enjoys food. That's why I have flesh on me. At this place I was at today, this tall, very attractive woman got a sandwich for lunch and water. I saw someone else a while back getting sushi (ugh) from a deli and bottled water. I don't know how people can live on just that. Maybe it's that I have a constant hunger that I had read about.....the only solution is lots of coffee, but I hate skim milk, so at least 1 percent. My mother drinks only skim, but it makes me ill. When I was a kid my mother weighed about 107 pounds, and we never had candy in the house. Our dinner would be broiled chicken and steamed broccoli, but I was still chubby. Even this doctor I went to told me I was fat, in so many words. Then, some years later I lost weight and people were telling me I was too thin.

No comments: