oh lovelies

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

searching for literature

I just checked out Virginia Woolf's The Waves which is brilliant and refreshing. There is great stuff out there but you have to search for it. Other than that, I'm feeling the effects of PMS and that's why I'm so cranky, probably. Intense creativity brings on my period, though it's at least back to a regular cycle.

For anyone interested in vampirism, here's a good article:

http://www.earthspirit.org/fireheart/fhvampire.html

Really brilliant. I understand a lot of what's in here and boy, do I identify with so many of these characteristics. I am sensitive to light, burn easily, am nocturnal in every way (my period usually starts at night....is that normal?) but anyway.....

This is from the piece I'm working on by Sylvia Plath:

I am simple. I believe in miracles. I do not believe in these terrible children, who injure my sleep with their wide eyes, their fingerless hands. They are not mine. They do not belong to me.

No comments: