oh lovelies

Thursday, May 25, 2006

back in the early 90s

Grunge was the thing in NYC and.....ugh. I couldn't stand it. So someone gave me a tape of the KLF and I must have listened to it thousands of times.

Yeah, there's only one place I'm living, man...I'm going into trancentral where I can,You understand, liberate and free the psyche.You know, banish my mind and my body'cause this way I don't know whether I'm in the future or the present...Is this the beginning or the ending? Although I know that things are incidentalThe landscape may have to be accidentalI'm still in a carriageOn the fast train,of the last train, to trancentralOver an out


I realized I kind of hate rock and roll, or most of it. Or any variations. "hard core" was the thing where I was but I couldn't tell you any of it except Corrosion of Conformity whom I met, and a few others. Oh, and SFA. There were many good bands. My friend was married to the lead singer of Warzone in a very bizarre and twisted setting.....we all lived up in Harlem that was when I first left the nest....on the West side. OK, I don't hate all of it, but I'm just not into.....I don't know, 85 percent of it. But still, so much of what was downtown was inspiring and there was such a strong energy to the whole scene. I feel like I work all the time and I need artistic input, or something.

No comments: