oh lovelies

Friday, May 12, 2006

cheering today


Today the cheerleaders and I performed at Bluestockings for the launch of a new feminist zine. It's good to know an event like this had a huge turnout but I can't help wondering: why aren't far more women involved in stuff like the Birth Control Project or the Social Wage Committee.....like why aren't hordes of women storming the streets every day demanding equal pay, universal child care, health care? Why is it only us five? That's been distressing. Still, it was a good experience except that were all over the place with our cheers and some of it was my fuck up: this is a lot harder even than it looks. I'm so worn out now I think I'm going to retire early with a glass of wine even though it's lonely being in that big house alone. I wish You Know Who would call or text or something, but on the other hand, it's nice to just have a little time for me.

No comments: