oh lovelies

Sunday, February 12, 2006

bootsnall meetup

last night I was out til nearly 4 AM with the people from this travel web site I met. They're all really cool and it was great, but I was nearly stranded at 3:30 am when snow came pummeling on NYC and cabs were charging $40 to $85 to go to brooklyn, and those are the ones that were on duty. I was standing out there in heels and literally frozen trying to get from the east village back to brooklyn, and by sheer fortune a cab driver agreed to take me, God bless him. I gave him a very big tip and the car barely made it down Myrtle Ave. That was sheer luck, because I live a long walk from any train station and I would have been sitting there for an hour and walking for an hour, in high heels, otherwise.

Nonetheless it was a great night. I drank a little too much and ended up nearly falling asleep on the couch while someone played with my hair. I'm sobered up now. We're supposed to have a champagne and snowball party today. Meanwhile, it's white out there.

No comments: