oh lovelies

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

new york

I've been going out a lot: to Crobar to see Sandra Collins and DJ Rap (it was awesome awesome!), then with my sister and her 18 year old friends in the Hamptons, Bridgehampton polo (a fashion show, really. They wear stilletto heels and cocktail dresses on the grass), and another party Monday night. I have been going to consciousness raising groups (I love it), and working on the monologues for the show so....I'm still unemployed, working off the books part time, there are other problems, I would love to be in London, Berlin, Alexandria again but, you know, it's I'm here and have my hands more than full. My life is here, and there's so much that is important. There are highlights as well. I can't believe summer is almost over, and there's always so much to do, it's endless. I do want to leave, at some point, but also I'm going to have to face life and work as well. Still, by going out I'm learning so much, meeting new people, and realized I don't think I can sit in a cubicle all day; but what's the solution? I can't wait tables forever; I need to be proud of my job. HOwever, there's so much money to be made waitressing, bartending, and really, shaking your tits and winking at guys, that's the truth. Some variations of that, but that's it. It's hard work though, extremely, but why work 40 hours in an office for $400 or $500 per week when you can make the same money with fewer hours? Off the subject....
On the good side, CBGBs won't be evicted.....yeee!!!! I know people who work there, and I'm glad for them. They came very, very close.

So yes, I would love to get out of the US, and I will at some point. But I still have to deal with work and careers as well and that's where the issue is. I don't think I can take another job like my last; I ask for better, I've changed.

No comments: