oh lovelies

Sunday, August 21, 2005

how to deal with

life's issues. as of now someone is throwing fireworks outside my window (guess my neighborhood isn't totally gentrified yet) and I hate it. I don't know why they're doing it.

Right now I am dealing with some problems, personal, which are too much for this blog. I will pull out of it and live, I don't doubt. I have to remember there are good people and there is good and right in the world.

But there's more to life, thank god/dess the stars whatever. Last night I went to a house party a really awesome one. I cleaned up my garden. NOw I just want to get out of the house. Go for a walk, across the bridge, just remove myself from my life and familiar stuff.

G got me an ipod for my bday which I'm trying to figure out how to work. It's my best bday present so far! Dad also gave me a nice one: money.

So, I have to go back to work, and I may have to take an office job. I mean, I don't want to live in the streets. No, I don't WANT to work the corporate world, and this job sounds frikking bo-ring, but.....I am under pressure to do it. It doesn't have to be forever. Yes, I will travel, I will perform, I will maybe live abroad one day (most likely), but not right now. A year ago I thought I had it worked out and I did travel, but it became more complicated than I had imagined. I will return to Egypt at some time. But I need to deal with stuff now, and it's not going to leave.
I think to myself though, I can make the same or more money waiting tables but those jobs aren't at my feet right now....I mean it's possible, but I'm not 21 anymore, either. I need a career I can feel proud of. I don't want people's pity or condescension. Seriously, I have to figure out my "thing." It's there. I have to get it.

No comments: