oh lovelies

Monday, June 13, 2005

late working

I'm going in to interview at this news station.....it's really freaky. But if I get it, the pay is good and the hours flexible. I can't complain. Still.....I'm going ahead with the show and performance plans....I know there are all these important things in life but art is important. It's the only thing I care about, except for certain individuals in my life.

But sending out p and reses I see a lot of good stuff but so much....the troubled teen daughter and her mother dramas. Well, I've been down that road, not as a mother but the other thing. I'm still a troubled teenage daughter. Still, I'm so sick of these themes. I'm looking for fleshed out, crazed, oozing with life, something, characters. I've found a few. But so much that's being produced is mediocre-sounding. What's really annoying is this ad for a travel show host who shouldn't have a north american accent (and this was a north american paper) and should be UK or Oz. Uh, why? People have so many stereotypes, like that Americans don't travel or don't want to experience the world. Uh, please give it a rest. I know I'm bitching. You can call it constructive criticism.

But....onto my project.....

although that urge to go somewhere is back again. Maybe there will come a time when travel is simple. I've been thinking of favorite destinations, though there's something to be said about everywhere. But I remember Switzerland as an absolutely gorgeous place, stunning. So was the chocolate! Take Swiss Air, no kidding, and make sure there are a few hours in between flights to see Zurich. Also, Alexandria Egypt. Just really fascinated by that place....and I almost didn't go but something told me to. Think what I'd have missed! Well, those are my recommendations.



next day: June 13

Had the interview and the people seemed pretty nice overall. THe woman interviewing me said, "We had some criticism last summer...." and well, whatever, I got to see the other POV. Well, for me civil rights and women's rights are a priority and I didn't vote for Bush but.....well I don't know. I can't count on getting this job but it was ....it went fairly well. I made a mistake in mentioning my blog and my trip to Egypt. Well, I'm not telling them about this one; it's private.

Yes you reading this have the priviledge of knowing what those around me don't know.

So....another thing.....I walked all over the city today. That's my new thing: I walk EVERYWHERE. It's not that I can't take the train. But I feel so free walking places and not being crammed into a car. I walk over the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridge a zillion times per day. I don't understand these men and this obsession of theirs with trying to pick up women. I know, I've heard the argument: they're trying to meet women. Others say that's bullshit. But we're supposed to feel grateful for what is an invasion of space. Intense stares, one liners, walking too close.....I used to really fight them back. So many of them are in pretty bad shape those I leave behind. I guess I sympathize that they're......down and out. But we shouldn't have to beg for these crude advances or want them.....it's none of your fucking business if I want to walk down the street. Oh, well, thank god/dess you noticed me I've been waiting all my life for your blessing so I can go outside. Fine, give me money. Give me a job. ?

No comments: