oh lovelies

Monday, June 06, 2005

bike crash

actually, to add to what I wrote: I'm better now. At the hospital the medic told me I'd feel much worse today but it's ok for the most part. The sores are tender but healing quickly, but that's cause I'm a vampire......
I showered and it wasn't TOO bad. Just had to maneuver my way around more. Dish soap is good for these kinds of things cause it kills bacteria and dries it out.
G and I reconciled later, and he was genuinely worried about me. He called me about five times when I was waiting to be seen, so I should be fair. Still, well, maybe it's the new moon. I am a new moon baby, sun leo, moon virgo (if you read more on astrology you'll understand) that's not perfect new moon but pretty close. The new moon always affects me pretty intensely and I sounded not so great in what I wrote but I get very emotional during these times, rather than at full moon. And this weekend was pretty jam packed.

So, this news station I interviewed at actually sent me an email asking me to come in to meet with their higher ups.....it's so weird. First they said they had to hire someone right away and that was a month ago so I had assumed they found someone else. But I saw them advertise the same job on a message board. And it's basically the same job I interviewed for back in February. This is a very conservative station and I won't say which cause.....I don't want this to show up in a web search. It's just kind of freaky. But....I need a job badly. And I know other people who work, well one for another paper which is in the same building and another who was an intern. But for now....I really wanted to bartend but I've been such a slacker about it, plus the show I'm doing, plus G has this kitten who just went into heat and who needs to be fixed.



yesterday I was riding my bike along flatbush ave and this woman opened her car door, when I was about two feet away. I couldn't stop the bike in time: no, actually, I was literally IN FRONT of her car passing (maybe in her blind spot but she should have looked anyhow) when she got out without looking. I crashed into the door then my bike spun and I was thrown about 10 feet. I think I hit my head, and fortunately I had a helmet on, or I may have been killed. I did, however, land on my elbows and hip and although nothing is broken, I have two abrasions which are very, extremely annoying and uncomfortable, my shoulder is sprained and painful to move, plus my right pinkie is sprained as well. Maybe it's that I'm big boned, pretty much, but how this didn't get even worse is a testimony to, I don't know. But I had decided to go for a ride with G, he wanted to, but then he had gotten mad at me when I couldn't keep up with him and lost him. He rides like a total maniac through traffic and everything and twice we were separated by cars or crowds of people. So we had a big dispute and I said, I'm going home. So, riding home, already upset, that's when this happened. So, I was.....I can get hysterical if I'm under extreme duress, and I was. This girl said, calm down miss, called the cops/ambulence, and the woman who opened her door, she had just kind of smirked and said, I'm sorry, then took off to a store nearby or something. So, anyhow, an ambulence was called, then G called me, and I said you almost got me killed you shit, and hung up on him. So....after hours of paperwork and sitting in the waiting room, and I didn't even know where I was, before I realized I was at the hospital near Fort Greene Park, I got examined and it turned out I had these skin abrasions. So now, I can't shower, lifting my arms is painful, sleep is difficult, if I were working now it would cause problems there.

1 comment:

b. said...

wow...that sucks :(
i hope you get better soon