oh lovelies

Sunday, December 18, 2011

slept slept and slept

when I got back to the apt around 7am earlier today I fell asleep, in my sweat clothes......didn't wake up til around 5:30 in the evening. Showered.....fell asleep for another 6 hours. I haven't had that much sleep in years.....don't think. I feel like I'm not in myself, but I'm still alive.

After working on my new material through the night cuz.....for all it's problems, the place I go to is open 24 hours now for finals....but there's no one here.....so I can do my stuff with almost no distractions even though it's cold, bleak and depressing in this neighborhood......especially in winter. But I'm grateful beyond words for this.....really. For this reason, now that my gym is not open 24 hours anymore ( and my favorite club is closed ( but there's this for now. And all the weirdos who hang out here at night know me now. At my old gym I could go in at 1am rehearse whatever I was working on in the exercise room upstairs and no one would bother me. Then get on the train at 5 am. This time realistically there's no one around and I can really concentrate. it's hard, however, to read my own words. That's the challenge. I need to memorize it still. Tomorrow.....

No comments: