oh lovelies

Friday, December 02, 2011

NYC Nightlife

 Back in the late 90s, the nightclub Limelight became embroiled in controversy over an alleged murder; excuse me I'm editing for clarity: Someone was murdered, and the main suspect was Limelight club promoter Michael Alig; who it turns out was guilty: in a heroin-induced psychosis murdered his lover, Angel Mendez, I believe was his name. Limelight gained the reputation of being a drug den of degenerate.....? Killer drag queens? I was obsessed with this whole matter and read the New Yorker story hundreds of times......the owner of Limelight was Peter Gatien.....I'm not going to go into the whole thing here because ......that's a book in itself. This is all the subject of the film Party Monster and a new documentary. Reading this article, because a) I'm psychic and b) I was a on off club kid myself who worshiped techno/rave music and the scene..............I knew something was way off and being really severely distorted if not lied about. Fast forward 13 years whatever it's been; lo and behold I was right.....this so called "Quality of Life" campaign which was a euphemism for a human rights assault on artists and anyone in the.....what do you say? Underground non conformist community; smear, slander, harass, rob I'm calling it what it was. Look at the pictures of these kids and the ones of Lady Gaga.....what a coincidence! And you thought she invented this weirdness herself? I have nothing against her....you know I like her videos she has a certain appeal but in no way did she invent her own image or most of her music. In other words, "Quality of Life" was a, dare I say it? a farce and a .....dare I say? Lie. Peter Gatien was portrayed as a dangerous, deviant and hardened criminal who was conspiring to kill kids with illegal drugs (even though he himself had three kids) and so on and so forth.....was finally deported to his native Canada, and subsequently robbed. If I have this story right.....Gatien said that the police infiltrated and went underground into his clubs to buy drugs, to prove they were being sold and make a bust. They managed to make four buys of small bags of grass. That's it. Hundreds of thousands of people went to these places every week. This is a quote from Gatien, "I got acquitted for the drug charges in three hours after a five-week trial. The Feds win 99 percent of their cases, but I had a great lawyer, Ben Brafman [who represented DSK recently]. It was a major embarrassment to the Feds that they lost that case." http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/22/peter-gatien-looks-back-at-mick-jagger-guns-n-roses-the-limelight-club.html


http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/22/peter-gatien-looks-back-at-mick-jagger-guns-n-roses-the-limelight-club.html

He then said Guiliani destroyed NYC in so many words. Mr. "Quality of Life" who also allegedly, though I'd have to really look into this but it's probably true, said pole dancers are strippers (therefore criminals) because he's the expert on pole dancing.

But hey don't take my word for it read the stuff yourself and see. The level of fraud going on is......it's just unbelievable. I knew it. I knew something was off.

No comments: