oh lovelies

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

ready to travel?

I am. I'm missing Egypt all the time. Every time I put on sunscreen in the morning it reminds of me of mornings in Cairo, the smell, and the coffee. Is this cheesy? I guess, but it always hits me like clockwork. I haven't been out of the US in two years, yikes! I need to renew my passport....but I'm itching to go. I want to go back to London, Paris, then to South Africa. Or LA, another option. That's the problem with traveling: it's time to plan the trip and suddenly you feel like you're choosing between your children, and if you choose one you neglect the others, it's torturous. There's something to be said for every place. But I do think about Egypt. A lot. I want my family to visit me there, I want my mother to see it. I didn't spend enough time there, but the short stay was LONG. It was exhausting financially and emotionally, but I've learned from the past. If I go this time around, I hope it's for the long haul. Though to gear up for LA, I need to polish up my driving. I have my license, but I'll start lessons again cause I remember so little. But I'm ready! Well, you're never really completely ready but the time is coming. And my friends like G and A, they need to go places as well. I know work is important but so is this. There's a solution to this somewhere.

No comments: