oh lovelies

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Money talks

Put a high price on yourself, and suddenly you're treated very differently. As a random stranger on the street, interchangeable with thousands of others, you get no respect. But asking for money, a lot, raises your value, and lowers the aggression against you. It's all about power, but there you are: women don't make the world, they never did. They don't invent, really. Most men I talk to don't seem to have a lot of the bitterness I've seen in women, the edge, the meanness. Not that there aren't a legion of jerkoff guys out there, but I'm talking about the ones I know. It's because they're free, and they're in power, and they're not condemned to drudgery most of the time, they're not sexually harassed the minute they step outside, they're not turned into objects in public and they're free, somehow, to create. Even their work....I don't know. There are talented female artists....so....

No comments: