oh lovelies

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

reading

today I fell asleep for about four hours, midday. Just....plunk! I was out. Now it's almost 10pm and I'm coming awake. I'm naturally a night person.


So lately I've been reading a bunch of women writers: Simone de Beauvoir, Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf a little.......


I really want to read Bridget Jones' Diary, too. I'm reading Pride and Prejudice now which reads so much like my own life, and my mother a little (ironically, cause she's the one who gave it to me, but I hope she isn't reading this)....anyhow. So who is Darcy, my Darcy? Really, Austen is a genius, and this is an amazing book. Next ....there are so many so many books I want to read. Here's a partial list:

Sartre's No Exit
Woolf: Mrs Dalloway, The Hours
Flaubert Madame Bovary
Margaret Atwood Alias Grace
Capote In Cold Blood (Mother gave that to me for Christmas, but it just looks so depressing)
Kierkegaard??
Briget Jones' Diary

And write a 20th Century remake of Gone With the Wind, set in NYC in the 1970s

I tried to read Thus Spoke Zurathustra and actually finished it, but I don't remember any of it.

No comments: