oh lovelies

Monday, January 16, 2006

a little better now

I was in a real funk a couple days ago. Just stress from work and ....oh just bullshit. So, my hood is kind of growing on me; it's kind of cool in a way. It's "arty" getting to be like Williamsburg, sort of, but more low key or something. These are mostly rich kids I think you have to be to go to Pratt. There's graffitti on the building across the street, but it's graffitti art. Thing is, it's further away from the train than even my old place and the streets are dark and empty at night, and I don't like that, and it was miserably fucking brick cold last night when I was walking home. The wind was like icicles or knives cutting my ears and hitting my cheeks, and being so big open and remote I felt like I was back in Chicago.

A week or so ago I had this really disturbing dream that I was in jail for shooting a girl and it was decided she had a right to shoot me without killing me. That's what the judge decided. So I'm sitting in my cell thinking, maybe should I just end it now so I don't suffer? Then I'm thinking, I didn't shoot her and hopefully this is a dream, then I woke up thank heaven, free.

No comments: