oh lovelies

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Sylvia Plath, blogging

"This holocaust I walk in/o golden child the world will kill and eat"

I watched part of Oliver Stone's "Untold History of the United States" he said something about the misperception, something like that, that the US won World War II. ? Not sure if I got that right. .....Friedan wrote about "comfortable concentration camps".....my recollection of the fifties....well I wasn't born...but what my mom tells me.....my grandmother had been a beautiful and brilliant woman, fond of literature and not of housework. probably mg grandfather did all the housework as he was OCD and a neatness freak. I read something by this guy who said he was one as well. You don't realize how you are reliving.....I don't think my grandmother was the fifties Doris Day heroine you always read about. They, and my mother as a kid, moved around all the time.....

No comments: