oh lovelies

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Imette, Jennifer

Jennifer Moore.


Sigh. what can I say? This computer is a POS and the space bar isn't working well. ANyway, when I was eighteen I went out to clubs with girlfriends.....we all did. In fact, we went out younger than that. We all had fake IDs which you can get at 42nd St. In fact, most of the time we didn't need them....because the clubs all wanted pretty girls in there. I did really crazy and dumb things I like to think not as dumb I hate to say it as walking around an abandoned lot next to the Hudson River at 4:30 AM. And Draymond Coleman my real rage is with people like him who would take advantage of someone's helplessness and naiveté which he did. I knew people like him growing up. I won't get into the fantasies I've had of what I'd do to guys like him. But the blame is as much with a society which doesn't teach someone like her basic street smarts and shelters her from the real world, also the ambulance that took her friend....what on earth were they thinking leaving a young girl alone while they took away one girl? Especially someone who is five ft two and not thinking clearly and then with these two girls passing out in a car lot on 12th Ave to begin with.....what kind of people are working in THIS place? There are a lot of factors to blame here. I thought watching this....this could have been me or my friends this was such a random and unlucky thing. You just can't count on luck, you know? Or on circumstances being in your favor? Someone said these clubs are next to a highway and abandoned warehouses for a reason.....? Who knows? my girlfriends and I went to a place that was on West 14th st which was not the pretty, tame place it is now....but it was more or less safe to walk around.....as there were tons of people out partying. Yes, we drank. We took the subway home.....it helped that we lived in safe neighborhoods. I would go out alone at super crazy ridiculous hours. why.....who knows? why anything..... also with Imette.....her female companion left her to wander the streets alone drunk. Especially on a (in Imette's case) cold deserted night when they're obviously not thinking clearly. Nice friends, huh? Now they have it on their consciences that maybe if they hadn't abandoned them they'd still be alive. I mean, did anyone ever ask them, wtf were you thinking, leaving your friend alone like that in the middle of the night defenseless.....when they could have split a cab.....Jennifer Moore.....Port Authority was not far from where she was, one of those "if only" things I know, but maybe if she'd gone that direction, stumbled...and gotten a bus to her place well so many things. Did she not see the No Parking sign where she put her car? I admit they're confusing. It was really mean of the city to take her car, too. Knowing she'd be stranded at that hour. Anyway. Also, this all happened I mean with Jennifer Moore right near my birthday. Ugh. I wouldn't leave a man alone, passed out drunk at 4AM either. Would most people? To her credit, her friend said she tried to take her back. For whatever reason, beats me, Imette decided to wander by herself in one of the coldest nights of the year into Chinatown, a very remote part, and drink some more. Being already drunk. Something is off, is all I can say.

No comments: