oh lovelies

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Crossroads?


Wenn im Herzen brennt das Feuer freut sich das schwarze Ungeheuer


wow I love this expression......

when the fire burns in the heart the black monster celebrates


something to that effect


Der Teufel



It's a little hard for me to write now since I'm sitting in a makeshift "chair" that is comprised of a pile of laundry, at my friend's computer.


But I'm reading about the legend of the "Crossroads"


Kind of interesting that was the name of a Britney Spears film, was that her only one? Another interesting figure. Her name is an anagram of "Presbytarians." Seriously. Try it on Anagram Server.

The "legend" which has roots in African and European traditions, is you meet a figure at a crossroads or kind of no mans land who will teach you what you want to learn. That evolved into the legend of blues musicians selling their souls to the devil, or Satan. In fact......that's not what happened. Der Teufel or Legba, something like that......is a teacher, not "evil." Could be many things......and takes the form of a black man or cat or something like that. I say this because I was walking on my old street, Skillman St, the other day, and just sitting in the street was this black cat. I went over to get him out of the way of cars. This cat was very sweet, an unfixed tom. Some people had left food out for him, as there is a family of feral cats there. Something......? Form of something? A friend, new friend anyway.

No comments: