oh lovelies

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

trauma?

There have been discussions on it. Some things never leave you. But mine was what I was taught, that's what messed me up. It was.....people who on the surface seemed "above" most human beings, enlightened, unquestionable. Their word was taken or to be taken as truth. It was only years later and after months of research that I discovered information that tells me what they taught was simply outright false. They continue to do this. Some of them, many are well meaning. But their sermons and yes, yoga classes revolve around pasted on, generalized "spiritual" ideas, that in fact have nothing to do with yoga. But I didn't find that out until recently. It was only after my instinct went against what they were saying and led me to the exact opposite. I had to dig and dig but finally found evidence contradicting their .....ideas, those same ones which wrecked me, really. To continue that way was impossible, unbearable for me, because to me it was simply wrong. My own bad experiences come mainly from this kind of confusion.

No comments: