oh lovelies

Friday, February 05, 2010

bruised

purple, and red lines
my thumb is bloody
my finger is blistered
a mark on my left hand
red, nearly black
I'm up late and up late
in the morning there' s peace,
there's only me
oh what I had
I want it back
I want it back

I'd live with you in a closet
if it could surround us
us who are so lovely
we could be Celts or Welsh
in green fields
but we're living near iron and brick and
there's electicity, dirty water around us
night buries me I don't want to see or be seen
day kills me, hurts my eyes, people are horrifying

last night the rain went on and on
red wine stained white porcelain
I heard your voice, distant and close
I saw faces there, did you?
empty house, empty room, walls are chipped
all night before, in coffee shops where
they're so close and farther and farther away
her voice grates on me I can't bear to listen to it
there's red, cobwebs, candles, mirrors, cinnamon
and there's nothing, nothingness
the space between atoms, particles
nothing, a void, the hell of waiting
you who stole my time, who stole my life, I
want it back, but not without you in it
don't you know I wish I was there
do you think I like living in this frigid mausoleum
you don't think I'd rather be in the sun?
why do I hurt myself this way?
I need to be there, need to be there, need to not think not think


I feel invisible, but I'm not

have to wash
if I could bathe in the and
be purified.....
I touch a mirror
a daily repetition

you're a plastic ball
you're a marrionette

it's love, its nothingness,
the word is yours, sent for you only


the flourescent orange mouth smiles
the fire gets hotter
your red hair a flame
now it eats you alive
all you've forgotten
they won't forget
you're a star, you're a star
all the light extends, extends
your fingers take it in

No comments: