oh lovelies

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Anne Sexton







Video,





























Let's see, what can I say about her? Something I wrote that was pretty macabre, today, set to a pentatonic scale on the piano.







the door opened
sucked me in and I
resisted
you look in, look in

where no one else will
the smoke, force of a train
and maudlin, green oils creep through me
the candle light is yours

the hell, beneath the earth

they prick you, they know where

and where, where would it come from?
not a minute, not an hour
I'm on the edge
of something, something sharp


and I am falling over
falling down
in my life, out of my life
the shadow skeleton in
an empty classroom
your spirit in smoke
you light up, you speak
they don't listen
again, they don't listen

such madness, out of my element
breathing

they are not
they stare, eyes fixed


they could take you away
is there no end to them?
there's another, and another
they are not good-willed

look back, you're alone again
on the roof, all green below you
everything green, blooming, perfect and boring
only the train in the distance
only his eyes are lighted

insanity is the worst thing
it makes you defenseless
I wanted only to be in a room
it's no joke, it's coming after me

is the blood endless?
she could destroy you in half an hour
only willing

what do you expect, my praise?

No comments: