oh lovelies

Friday, December 25, 2009





I spent a great deal of time on Essex st yesterday. It's an ugly, grey, grim place. Practically my life centers around Broome St now, but for how long who knows. But for the past year it has.
On Essex St, there's a Cuban section in the market with a guy who has a Santaria alter. There was a puppet hanging over head and I asked him how much he was selling it for. He said, this is not for sale. How embarrassing. He was probably thinking, stupid American. I asked him, what does it represent? He said, "Death." I had put on this oil black arts, why.....I guess sometimes the darker stuff can be healing, in a way.



Yes it was a death, that day. For a day. It seemed like it.
I don't recommend using black arts oil if you're easily suicidal. It's not for the faint of heart. But it can help, if you can handle it.



No comments: