oh lovelies

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

so......my birthday and back in NYC

Thank Heaven! That's what we all said arriving back from Albany. I went up there for the NOW conference and while it was nice to get out of the city and away from the stress......I see now how fortunate I am to be here (in NYC) and not in a town where the streets are empty after 6PM. Albany is really pretty in parts and I love the Gothic buildings on a hill.....it's like the European towns; and the people were pretty nice.....but it's also reassuring to be in a city where I can sit in an internet cafe at 3AM and walk around and see ads, people, lights, 24 hour delis, et all all over. But when I left NYC I was fed up with the city and life in general; but here I am, happy to see the excitement.

Still, the city is competitive, now more than ever it seems, and a challenge every day if you're not rich. It's .....do I even want to get on this topic? .....so disconcerting to see this former radical punk and hippie neighborhood become totally bourgeois and filled up with handbag stores....not to mention the same people I'd see in the Hamptons or the Upper East Side.

And the NOW experience taught me a lot about the people I was dealing with, and it was sad how I don't feel like I can get close to many of them. It's kind of almost there.

But I'm still happy to hear music again, music I myself listen to, and to have a little cash, to be back in my life. I'll say this though.....I love upstate NY. It's gorgeous and green and hippyish and serene.....very different from the Hamptons where I think I'm going next. I'm gonna be on the beach!!!!


To my birthday, my powerful performances, new trips, and new relationships!!!!!!