oh lovelies

Friday, July 07, 2006

The day I became a rad cheerleader?




This was an amazing, amazing protest; the first one I ever cheered at: the WTO one on September 13, 2003. It combined performance, art and politics and was so creative and brilliant.....not just people marching with signs and getting into fights with cops but creating original and colorful art, and throwing it out there to affect people emotionally, politically. The new protest, and maybe this can make change in a more positive way. I hope, well, I believe in it!

What's strange: this pic is not on here, but I saw a picture of the protest in which a guy and girl were walking and watching us cheer, and this guy looked just like someone who would be in one of my plays later. I don't know if it was him or just looked like him.

I had a tough day today: I got into a bad spat with this woman at the place where I take class who chewed me out about keeping stuff in my locker overnight, which I'm not supposed to do but it's just so hard to carry stuff all over Manhattan, and in a very nasty voice telling me I have to pay for the priviledge of keeping my stuff in a locker, and I was so hurt and mad and upset I started crying and yelling practically. Fine, I misbehaved, but these rules are stupid and mean. I need to change clothes in the city and it's easier to do it this way. But rules are rules and I'm on the "wrong" side so what can I do? But even so, this woman was getting on my last nerve and I was really pissed at her; talk about bad energy......hers was poisonous. At least to me. And when I'm upset I can't be around people; I become edgy and short-tempered. I did lose my cool after a bit.

But that's over for now. I am inspired by a lot of stuff now, but it can be so tiring as well. I haven't gotten to sleep lately til 5 AM because I'm having to deal with my cat when I come home after working all day. I love her but it's exhausting taking care of her. I have to keep her entertained and clean up after her. But she's my baby for now since I don't have kids, yet?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»