oh lovelies

Monday, February 02, 2015

Imbolc, St Brigid

I don't know much about St. Brigid of Kildare and have only heard of Imbolc when I got on Enchantments' mailing list. All I know is it's a time honored custom to clean up the house and leave food at the doorstep as an offering. I had some strawberries and bananas took them to the beach and fed them to the seagulls (clarification: this was about something similar but not the same. I am not familiar with this saint and was not raised in this tradition; but I did discover it today....... ) but yes I take food to the seagulls all the time......I mean, wasn't quite sure how to do this. I poured some sugar in the tub when I took a bath I often use sugar, cinnamon (not too.much or it'll burn) honey.....  If I'd left them on the steps someone would have stepped on or tripped on them..... and with the snow it'd have been a mess. The beach is quite pretty. I love it really. There's a popular Irish dish called Colcanna which I've never heard of either for all I am Irish descent.....? Totally gotta get up to speed on this. My.finger and ear are healing gradually. I've been taking a lot of Tylenol.....ha I should get some $ for that plug. Right now tbh I need that. On the up side my stuff has arrived from the hippie store in Northern California......I won  Cleo May oil from Lucky Mojo. Yee! But that plus full moon plus the windows of the.front door were spooking me I mean I just felt a .......something??????? ..... This annoying woman who lives here unfortunately went crazy and started screaming at 3am I was furious oh yes maybe a  .....but it's futile to try argue with someone like that. At the end of the day I have better things to do. This storm, however, has caused a great deal of stress pretty though it is.....I do love the beach. I did drop a bunch of roses in the ocean. And off they go........To?
I've also been watching Fargo and I am so obsessed with that film. I was.advised.....well this I will have to go into elsewhere.

No comments: