oh lovelies

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Two 14 yr old girls commit suicide after being bullied

There are so many videos like this....the worst is the hate crime against two goth kids. Part of the problem is people aren't taught the reality of having to fight in this world. There are some who aren't going to back down. Why does the US have an army? There are scud dirts out there whose intentions are not benevolent. I speak as someone who was bullied, too. For me it was harassment, verbal abuse (mostly by way of sarcasm) over my views and because I stood up for animals. I didn't wear make up to protest tests that were done. I didn't know then there were alternatives. Look for the record I LOVE make up and going to Sephora....Duane Reade buying the newest eyeshadow and you know all that stuff. I guess I wasn't, after 6th grade, physically assaulted. I used to get followed home and roughed up, mostly pushing shoving, by the hoody kids. For me it was "equal opportunity;" they came from all backgrounds; black, white, Hispanic, rich, poor, female, male, ect. Yeah, it was a level field. But the worst they did was shove me to the ground. I've been hearing stories, from guys but some women, of kids REALLY beating the crap out of them to the point where they had to go to the hospital and then....in one case, a guy's father told him to go retaliate, and he did. Actually, my aunt told me the same, and I did. The kid was crying after that......but he decided years later to get "revenge." It doesn't end. People told me time would heal things. Honestly, it hasn't. But I never EVER would have considered ending my life.....maybe like everyone I had thoughts but there was no reason to leave life. I can only....really imagine what these poor kids went through. I had people who kind of coached me, a few friends who were sympathetic, even if they didn't completely shield me....I had role models; I KNEW that they (bullies) were losers going nowhere in life and that I was getting away from them. But all you CAN do at the end of the day is get away. There are sociopaths/psychopaths/borderline there are a million categories but these people exist and they are so far incurable. These are people who don't recognize that other beings, human and non human, feel, love, fear, value things as much as they do. I mean, hey, there are people beating the crap out of their own kids, why would they care about anyone else? I mean, looking at the statistics, which would have to be verified....it just goes on and on. All you can do is get away.....but in school that option isn't there. Maybe, if their parents aren't handling it right.....kids feel like they have no where to go, no one to turn to, that life is closing in on them. No one should ever be made to feel that way. It's a long battle but a lot has to get done about this. I don't know what the parents did or didn't do and I am NOT saying it's their fault.....although I do believe that schools and teachers were negligent. I know many times they are.....they see what is happening and do nothing to stop it. That does, frankly, happen. Maybe all the schoolyard bullies go into education so they can relive their glory years.....lol......that was sarcasm. But I would have to tell all parents tell your kids to tell you if something is happening IMMEDIATELY do not, kids, NOT say anything ever. You must let it be known so people can help you. If someone is touching you in a way you don't want them to, pressuring you to do something you don't want to, saying things to you that are upsetting, ect whatever it is tell someone so you can get help. Too many cases of this have ended tragically there need to be crisis centers like there are for rape and stalking victims.It's a mistake in American culture to think that people should be strong and able to shrug off what is coming their way, to make it completely ON THEIR OWN. No one, no human alive or dead, has ever EVER done that. Anyone who has gotten anywhere or done anything has gotten help. People NEED help......if they're in circumstances that are so traumatic that they're not livable where they are victims of what amounts to criminal activity; because this is under the law stalking, harassment, assault, terroristic threats, invasion of privacy there are many names but it is NOT legal to "bully" period......and the psychological damage is real and devastating. The same way for sexual harassment, rape, stalking it's an uphill battle first of all for it to be recognized.......but people subjected to repeated trauma are going to react. Blame the perpetrators not the victims. You're going to tell them now, after they're dead at 14, they should have toughed it out? Well, they didn't. I'm glad this subject is being dealt with....at least now with the internet there's more information more available. There needs to be more......

No comments: