oh lovelies

Monday, August 29, 2011

ok. another topic

so the Big Storm  in Tribeca turned out to be rain.....lots. I know there are those who had it far worse and I shouldn't be whining.....except that I personally was locked indoors for a day and a half. My mom was out in the Hamptons and the power went out......but here it just rained, I didn't even see trees bend like they're supposed to during a hurricane. No flooding or damage that I could see. The air is so nice like a tropical breeze. The trees look beautiful....lush and big from the tons of water dropped on them. I walked on the west side highway, the bike path.....people with their shirts off (guys) on bikes, sunbathing. Personally, I don't get sunbathing; I tried napping once in the park, on the grass, and got so much unwanted attention I had to leave. Guess I don't have to get naked to get that!   But indoors I watched a movie, listened to 1010wins and drank Rioja......plus lots of reading and writing. And then slept. Now it's sunny out and life is on......here's a quote from Henry Miller.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be," said the good Shakespeare, voicing a wish fulfillment out of his utopian dream life. For men on earth, borrowing and lending is not only essential but should be increased to outlandish proportions. 




No comments: