oh lovelies

Sunday, April 03, 2011

on another note

I had decided I miss acting. I kind of drifted away from it but it wasn't my intention. So I started looking for work and was hired as an extra......yeah low status but I got paid to show up, and that's about it. I was even able to work in between. The people on the set were all very cool......and I met other people all of whom had tips on getting more work and agencies.......ah so many things. Probably 85 percent of a job is getting the job. Classes workshops agents ect ect so I got on the computer on 2 hours sleep and sent my picture to anywhere and everywhere just about. SAG roles non SAG (getting in the union another goal) and yes I was happy to be working NOT on some shit job I take just to pay the bills but something I believe in. Don't let anyone tell you you can't get a job you enjoy: they're full of it. Of course I aspire to move up on the heirarchy, but getting paid to hang out and meeting the people I did well I do miss it. Others inspired me. Best and better.

Then I was up til like 7am (after finishing at around 3am on the set......they had fed us til they ran out of money.) Then we stood out in the crap weather for what must have been a couple hours while they filmed a scene from every angle......so I left very exhausted but started working on a dance/performance piece I'm creating. Did my exercises, dance. Stretched. Meditated. It worked wonders. I solved a wretched problem today. Not entirely but mostly. Kudos ect. (!)

No comments: