oh lovelies

Friday, April 27, 2007

NY incident

My friend and I were walking down St Marks around 2 AM. This guy approached us, one of these Williamsburg/Ramones types with stringy black hair and tight black jeans. He said, "Excuse me....uh....I'm ....re..e...e....a...ally disoriented......uh.....can you....spare some change...?" We both said in unison, "I don't have any change, sorry." He walked of saying, "Stupid fucking yuppie bitches."

Ironic because both of us are about as far from being "yuppies" as it's possible to get. One of my heroes is Joe Strummer. I was called a JAP by the punks I knew when I was in junior high because I didn't dress punk. This one time my friend and I went into one of these 8th street shops and a girl with her face plastered in makeup and eyeliner started yelling at me...."JAPPIE!!!! Get out of here!" I grew up poor. All her makeup must have cost money, not to mention her $300 Doc Martins....

Do people distort stuff?

No comments: