oh lovelies

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beat It

I've become obsessed with music videos, and have been watching the above mentioned one over and over. It's fascinating to me, and superbly acted. Love it, love it.

Others worth mentioning: Madonna/Britney Spears Me Against the Music, Gwen Stephanie What You Waiting For, Hollaback Girl, Madonna Sorry, Maroon 5....well, Adam Levine is cute so, for that reason.


I read Indymedia on the way home on the train and maybe I need to read something else. It's relentlessly grim. I'm glad Bush was greeted by protest after protest: I have to hand it to people in their ability to organize, against obstacles, in the face of other people's wrongdoing. But it's depressing to read about all the money that the US has given to these fascist and corrupt military dictatorships and to think anyone would support that----it just put me in a really foul mood. So I'm mad but it all makes sense; because every day I brush up against people whose energy is just in plain English horrid. I see, in certain people, the same narcissism, year after year and realize they'll never change. These are all the same people who created the Iraq war and Halliburton....what is it: narcissistic personality disorder, sociopathy? There was another article about how a squat, or something like that, in Denmark was brutally raided and the people evicted....all of which has been protested throughout Europe and a thousand or so people have been arrested....I could go on about this when I have more time--just that there's something really, really wrong going on here. Conspiracy? I can't say definitely, but look what happened to the Street Harassment Project. I don't know all the reasons I only know the ....manipulation that went on, I don't know yet....but somehow all this intense energy was snuffed out. I felt terribly alienated in my last days there, out in the wilderness, it's hard to describe, maybe because it was winter, but the whole atmosphere was bleak. Something went really, really wrong there. But this is for another article.

On to another topic: another place I recommend visiting in my neighborhood is Connetitcut Muffin, on the corner of Myrtle and Waverly. They make fabulous lattes, muffins (including lowfat) and have a wide selection of alternative news. Go, go, if you're in the area.

No comments: