oh lovelies

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

sorry it's been a while

Oh boy can't believe how long it's been. A LOT has happened. On the down side, my cat got really sick (West, my male cat) and had to go to the emergency vet. I just barely got through this: it's going to cost two grand altogether and I just barely was able to get it. In fact, I went through hell having to co-sign with my ex and his jealous girlfriend making a scene at this place....

On the up side, I think, knock wood, West will be ok. But this is so expensive and most people don't have that much money and what will they do, in an emergency? This has changed everything for me. Last year, another crisis changed my life and now this has also. I think it'll be ultimately for the better but it's exhausting to go through. I imagine I now know what having a child will do. And I do want one at some time. But even having these lives depending on me I'll never again be free like I was in college, living only for myself. Attached to animal lives are human lives, and what I do affects many people and many animals. I am no longer a child, because I have all this now. I can't just take off and go somewhere when I want, as easily. I am going to have to work much harder than I have been already; plus I finally have an oppurtunity to do this show, this play, so it'll be that on top of everything.

But on a better note, I took kickboxing and a "video dance" class this weekend, it was awesome, awesome! It was really hard, really hard. I passed out last night as soon as I got home, which isn't good cause I have so much work to do. But I really love it, and I think I'm pretty good for a beginner!

No comments: