oh lovelies

Sunday, October 01, 2006

NYC Weekend hell

What happened to all the cool, artistic people in this town? There was always the "Jersey" set, but it's like Invasion of the Ants now. I'm sorry to be so vicious, but these people are equally vicious. I'm really mad. Last night was a disaster. I went to Pyramid and ugh ugh they changed the music to this z100 cheesy "remix" of all these 80s songs. I've heard better music in elevators, or at the Holiday Inn in Ohio.

With CBGBs being priced out and every other place, we're going to have Mercury Bars on every corner, or.....what's it called?....Bennigans and stuff like that, and nothing else. The situation is sad but there's literally no end to it. My friend witnessed something awful last night, that I don't even want to mention. I'll go into this more later.

Then, on top of that, I was reading this "artist" zine I picked up at a local coffee shop. There was this article on how Red Hook is an "up and coming" neighborhood" and one always knows that when they see "a young woman sitting on the steps with a laptop...." or something to that effect. I have been in Red Hook and there are families there who've been there for 40 years or so who are getting displaced from their homes. Red Hook is an entrenched settlement. I just find all this immoral in the extreme, and I can't stand to be around it. It's soul-deadening. I think this country is a lost cause and maybe I am better off in Berlin. At least in Europe, the governments and societies are pretty left and people have legion more rights as citizens, and that is considered a good thing there.

No comments: