oh lovelies

Sunday, October 23, 2005

complacent

http://www.concreterituals.com


http://www.complacentnation.org/



This is such an amazing organization (the above link: Complacent), whatever it is. Stuff like this gives me hope amidst all this ....all this. I have so much to write on this subject, much of which I'm preparing. Of all the 99 percent horror that comes out of free speech, there is the other 1 percent that is meaningful. Is that the point? I'm not sure I believe in absolute free speech, and I agree that it belongs to the powerful and wealthy, ect. And there are truly dangerous people in whose hands it's a scary weapon. Complicated subject.....

So Garrett was teaching me self defense techniques last night. I hope I'll never have to use it, but that's just it, you never know. I saw a boxing class at the gym I wanted to take. Tai chi, martial arts, it can take over your life. Knock wood of course, I've never been raped or hit by a guy.....all these horror stories I hear haven't been my experience. Believe me, I've had my battles and I've been in bed with the devil, really......but what I've gone through isn't what I've read. I've turned guys away, I made my choice freely. A certain line hasn't been crossed. But I've definitely been in risky situations. I put myself there. At the same time, that's why it is important to know self defense. I don't think I had always much choice other than to go into these things, either. Still, in other parts of the world, there is relatively little of this random violence from strangers, or on the street. In Berlin, you don't hear about not being able to walk around after 1 AM or whatever it is. Then again, most "respectable" women don't go out alone after 11PM. The world is still that way. Personally, I do go out after 11 pm or 4am and....... I guess I'm not a respectable woman. I'm a freak But I prefer nighttime. And so far, so good. I read an article in my astrology mag about the goddess Hecate, who rules nighttime. Maybe I have some kind of tie to her.

No comments: