oh lovelies

Friday, November 30, 2012

The 70s

I didn't want any flowers, I only wanted


To lie with my hands turned up and be utterly empty.

How free it is, you have no idea how free -

The peacefulness is so big it dazes you,

Sylvia Plath "Tulips"    
Well, this is what the LES WAS at some time.....all was not sunshine and rainbows but still.......


This is a still from a film called "The Panic in Needle Park" I haven't seen it but would like to. Because I'm into things macabre. That's me, though. Here's the link: It was made in 1971. I think I may have seen something like this on TV when I was in France. Or a French version of it.

http://corrierino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=938643&sid=2aa4601984a1c6d70c9748ed64f51fd3


Now THIS is a fucking depressing song: The Velvet Underground "Heroin"

"Away from the big city


Where a man cannot be free

Of all the evils in this town

And of himself and those around

Oh, and I guess I just don't know

Oh, and I guess I just don't know"

By Lou Reed






No comments: