oh lovelies

Monday, January 23, 2012

Devo - Girl U Want

This is another record my father randomly had when he lived in Chicago.....the summer I visited him I had some skater friends who introduced me and next thing I knew there was a crazy out of control party at Dad's apartment.....guys jumping through the kitchen window.....anyway. I mean, we were teenagers.

Speaking of, I dreamt of Dad last night....that I was in Chicago visiting....and we were driving a pickup truck. I got in the driver's seat (and I never drive, my license is pretty much a bad picture and that's it) and was driving....then I remembered I had a performance in NYC I had to get back for. We're going through customs in the airport. I get on the plane, back to NYC. I go into the theater where the show is going on....there are many female dancers in like sequined outfits. One of them, wearing red, with black hair (maybe cause I was reading Anne Sexton's Snow White poem) is telling me, "Get in the kitchen!" I'm not dressed to perform. They all go on stage....this was a really vivid one. I slept again for like 12 hours....making up for what I lacked before. Now, I need to memorize my poems and do ..........

No comments: